Eligibility for Services
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) serves qualified and enrolled students with disabilities at Dixie State University. A qualified student is a student who meets the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in DSU educational programs and services.
A student may be eligible for DRC services if he or she:
- Has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities
- Has a record of such impairment
- Is regarded as having such impairment
In order to determine eligibility for, and to receive accommodative services you must do the following.
- Self-identify as a person with a disability
- Contact the Disability Resource Center by phone: 435-652-7516 or in person at the North Plaza Building for application packet or print the application.
- Complete and return the application along with appropriate documentation. See Documentation Guidelines
- The Disability Resource staff will review the application and documentation and determine appropriate action:
- Requested accommodations approved
- Requested accommodations denied
- Request for additional documentation
- DRC staff schedules a meeting with student to discuss accommodation options, implementation process, and other support services available